A pressure Cooker is a common and helpful appliance for cooking large varieties of Indian dishes such as Pulao, Brown Rice, Red Bean Soup, Butter Chicken, lentils, and many more.
A pressure cooker cooks the food faster than conventional cooking methods. Pressure cooking needs less water that retains vitamins and minerals in the diet. This kitchen appliance saves most of the time.
It is handy and pocket-friendly. It fulfills our basic needs and makes our job comfortable. Our kitchen is incomplete without a Pressure Cooker.
We have prepared a list of the Best Pressure Cooker in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Till then, Need a gas stove?
Which are the Top 10 Best Pressure Cooker in India 2022?
1- Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Hawkins is India’s number-1 popular pressure cooker on the list of top 10 kitchen appliances for cooking Indian recipes. It is one of the reliable, reputed brands of kitchen appliances that offers high-quality products. It has provided a wide range of stainless steel pressure cookers to the Indian Market. With this Stainless Steel Cooker, you can cook any dish within a short time.
These cookers have a durable gasket that doesn’t get rubbed sideways or cut or scraped every time the pressure cooker is closed or opened. It is the best pressure cooker in India with a unique curved body design that help prevents the food from burning or sticking. You can place this SS cooker on both gas and induction stoves.
- It comes with a capacity of 2 liters making it suitable for singles and couples.
- It is easy to stir the food during cooking.
- It is made of superior surgical grade non-magnetic stainless-steel materials. It is made of higher quality materials which makes it the preferred choice.
- Its stainless steel body ensures hassle-free cleaning.
- It saves fuel.
- It comes with a pressure-locked-lid safety feature. It retains all flavors, nutrients, and vitamins inside the cooker as the exposure to the air is less.
- The warranty is of 5 Years on the product.
- It has a safety valve that is present under the handlebar. It gives the utmost safety during pressure cooking.
What We Like
It has an induction base that makes it induction compatible.
Its bottom-flat base heats up so fast.
It provides a cookbook with a cooker.
Its rubber gasket is long-lasting.
It is affordable.
What We Didn’t Like
It is a little bit expensive, but it gives you great comfort in your kitchen.
2- Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker
This Contura Pressure Cooker is efficient and stylish. Hawkin’s is known for delivering high-quality cookware that is reliable and leakproof.
If you are looking for multipurpose cooking utensils, this Hard Anodised Cooker is an excellent option. It possesses a precise whistle that can help to regulate pressure correctly.
- It comes with an attractive design with rounded sides for easier stirring and easy removal of food cooked.
- It offers a comfortable grip when holding it.
- The brand provides 5 years warranty on the product.
- The 2 liters capacity is suitable for a small family.
- Its flat base measures 130mm in diameter and 325mm in thickness. It can withstand high hands and avoids the burning of food.
- These cookers are highly leakproof and reliable.
What We Like
- The shape of the cooker is stylishly designed.
- It is made up of hard anodized aluminum.
- It is a strong and durable cooker.
3- Prestige Nakshatra Pressure Handi
It is specially designed to give you great and fast cooking results. It has an anti-bulge base that is compatible with both gas tops and induction cooktops. It is an excellent appliance for making chicken, soups, noodles, pasta, noodle soup, and lentils.
Its sturdy handle gives extra grip that makes it durable and the best pressure cooker for regular use. If you want to ask any product-related queries, you may contact me at 1800-123-334411.
- This hard anodized aluminum pressure cooker absorbs a significant amount of heat.
- With a capacity of 3 liters, it is a perfect cooker for three to four members.
- It is ideal for cooking Indian delicacies.
- Its ebonite handles ensure a comfortable grip.
- It contains a precision weight safety valve that gives the first level of safety. It can release 1 Kg/Cm-steam.
- Its safety plug gives the second level of safety. It protects the top-fitted lid from excessive pressure.
- It has a pressure regulator that can help in saving fuel.
- Its inner lid is of high-quality virgin aluminum that extends its life.
What We Like
- It is super-fast which makes it superb for the Indian kitchen.
- Its inner lid gives great protection to the cooker.
- It is induction compatible.
4- Prestige Deluxe Alpha Pressure Handi
This Deluxe Alpha Handi is one of the excellent appliances for multi-use. Its aluminum steel sandwich base cover is compatible with induction cooktop & gas cooking. It saves 30% of energy.
This alpha stainless steel pressure cooker is made of high-quality material that makes more strong. It ensures even distribution-heat. It comes with an extra safety feature that is its unique indicator.
- It comes with a ladle holder and a glass lid. It gives you a one-stop solution to aid faster cooking.
- Its massive duty alpha induction base distributes uniform heat to prepare food from all sides.
- It is the best pressure cooker for Indian cuisines.
- Its capacity is 1.5 liters.
- Its outer lid has a rustproof steel coating. It enhances the longevity of the product.
- Its precision valve can release pressure above 1 Kg/Cm.
- It comes with advanced safety functionalities such as a Controlled Gasket Release System and a metallic plug. Its CGRS releases the steam from the cook-top if its vent gets blocked.
- It comes with a metallic plug safety purpose. It controls the extreme steam and saves your kitchen from burning.
- Its double-screw handles are durable.
- It comes with a pressure level indicator. It indicates through the whistle to turn off the gas if food gets ready.
What We Like
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is an induction base aluminum pressure cooker.
- It is stain-resistant and shock-resistant.
- It is useful for boiling, steaming, frying, and roasting.
5- Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
It is traditionally designed for modern kitchen home appliances. This alpha stainless steel pressure cooker comes with an induction bottom. So, these kitchen appliances are useful for both gas stoves and induction stoves. Its excellent built quality gives aesthetics to your kitchen with loads of features.
Its body and handle both are fitted with two screws that make it last longer and more durable.
- This alpha stainless steel comes with an SS sandwich base cover. The alpha base reduces cooking time and saves energy.
- Its double screw handles ensure durability.
- Its metallic safety plug keeps the pressure cooker secure. It can help to release excess pressure.
- Its lid pressure indicator will let you know when to open the pressure cooker.
- Its Gasket automatically controls the steam level.
- It provides an even temperature distribution to cook food quicker.
- Its 3 Litre food-making capacity ensures a large quantity of food.
What We Like
- It is sufficient for everyday use.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It comes with an induction base.
- It comes with advanced safety features.
- It is reasonable.
6- Hawkins Miss Mary Pressure Cooker
This Cooker is the right choice for nuclear as well as joint families. It gives heat to its heavy bottom. It is the smart cookware for the modern kitchen. It evenly gives consistent heat to make proper steam.
Now cook easily a variety of delicacies like biryani, vegetable or meat curries with this pressure cooker. It comes with an aluminum body. Special care has been taken to make this product durable.
- This aluminum cooker comes with premium-grade aluminum / pure virgin metal.
- It is 2.5 liters pressure cooker that is suitable for small families.
- Its package includes a free rubber gasket, vent weight, cookbook, pressure-cooker-lid, guarantee card, etc.
- It offers a leak-proof system for preventing liquids and food such as curry and dal from spilling out of it.
- The warranty is of 5 years on the product.
- It saves around 53% cooking time and fuel which proves to be energy-efficient.
- It provides the heat uniformly within the pressure cooker.
What We Like
- It is an ISI-certified pressure cooker.
- It gives you trouble-free working.
- It is suitable for regular use.
- It is useful for faster cooking of lentils and sweet dishes.
- It heats up quickly so, will save you most of the time.
- It ensures efficient functionality.
- It has an elegant design.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
7- Prestige Clip-On Pressure Cooker
Prestige is a trustworthy brand for Indian home appliances. It offers innovative pressure cookers, but out of all aluminum, a pressure cooker is wonderful. It comes with a large capacity of 5 liters. This 5 Litres cooker is good for both medium & large families.
It provides customer service number:33441111 so you may call if you find any problem. These aluminum pressure cookers come with the weight valve assembly, metallic safety plug, and GRS.
- It is compact. It can fit well in kitchen cupboards.
- It has a transparent lid with a unique ladle holder. You can monitor your food from the outside.
- It is the best pressure cooker with a multifunctional feature. You can place it either on an induction or gas burnerIts’the s a charcoal black color that will enhance the grace of your kitchen.
- Its handle is resistant to heat.
- Its bottom base is made up of high-quality stainless steel & hard anodized aluminum.
- This 5-liter cooker comes with a double screw, sturdy handle & flame guard.
What We Like
- Its cleaning is simple.
- It is compatible with induction.
- It will benefit you for multipurpose such as boiling, sauteing, steaming, and deep frying.
8- Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker
It is India’s great aluminum pressure cooker. This Cooker serves tasty, fast, and healthy food recipes within a few minutes. It has a Gasket Release System for the 2nd level of safety. If the cooker’s vent tube gets blocked then, its gasket will help to release the steam with the slot.
You can cook various food items like dal, sabji, stews, and more with this pressure cooker without the long wait time.
- It comes with an aluminum base. It ensures fast cooking results.
- Its outer lid is made of aluminum. It is perfect for direct vessel and separator cooking.
- It comes with a steel-coating precision weight valve. It makes steam up to 1 Kg/Cm2.
- It has a Metallic Safety Plug. It will give the 3rd level of safety.
- It has a cool-touch handle. Its grip is superior and comfortable.
- It can cook a considerable quantity of food easily.
- It comes with a 3 Litre capacity.
- The cooker is compatible with a gas stove.
What We Like
- It is extremely safe.
- It is excellent for regular use.
- It is ideal for two to three family members.
- Hygiene and durability have taken care to build this cooker.
9- Pigeon By Stovekraft Belita Super Cooker
Stovekraft Belita is a high-grade steel pressure cooker that comes with a unique and functional form inspired by traditional Indian Handi cookware. The hard anodized aluminum pressure cooker comes in a black-colored design that adds elegance to your kitchen.
The kit includes a one-piece bowl of 3 liters, a one-piece strainer lid, a one-piece cooker lid, and a one-piece serving lid.
- It comes with a unique pair of user-friendly handles on either side.
- Its transparent lid is made of toughened glass that preserves the aroma and heat in foods.
- The Stainer lid is made from a food-grade stainless steel material that you can use to drain hot water after cooking.
- Its steel lid ensures great sturdiness, efficient cooking, and easy maintenance.
- The 3 Litres pressure cooker is ideal for cooking and serving.
- It has ergonomic bakelite handles that make it easy to handle.
What We Like
- It has a scratch-resistant ceramic coating.
- It is a hard anodized aluminum pressure cooker.
- It is a stylish and highly durable cooker.
- It is compatible with the induction cooktop.
- It helps in cooking food with ease.
10- Hawkins Contura Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker
This Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Aluminium Cooker is one of the Highest Selling cookers. It will never change the taste of food. It is a durable stainless-steel pressure cooker with a hard anodized body and a stainless steel lid that makes steam within 3 to 4 minutes. It has a flat base with a thickness of 3.25mm.
Its locking loop and sealing gasket give extra safety while you cook food. It’ll not get stained with excessive use. It is the Best Pressure Cooker in India because it heats faster and cooks instantly. It is a budget-friendly home appliance that will never be a burden on your pocket.
- It has an extra-thick base that offers quick heating.
- The body of the cooker comes with a hard anodized aluminum finish.
- It has an ergonomically designed cool-touch handle.
- It comes with a Seal Gasket safety feature.
- It has a cover interlock feature. It keeps the pressure cooker safe until the steam-release properly.
- This 3-liter stainless steel cooker capacity is suitable for three to four persons.
What We Like
- It is time-saving.
- It is a hard anodized supper pressure cooker.
- It is highly capable of conducting heat.
- It offers healthy homemade food.
- Its thick base allows for better performance.
- It has an additional safety feature as the cover does not open unless the pressure inside the cooker reduces considerably.
What We Didn’t Like
- It is not induction compatible.
Most Popular Pressure Cooker Brands
Other Models That You May Consider
- Butterfly Cordial Aluminium Non-Induction Pressure Cooker 3L
- Butterfly Standard Aluminium Pressure Cooker 7.5L
Types of Pressure Cookers
You can categorize a pressure cooker into two kinds: stove-top pressure cooker and electric pressure cooker. Electric Pressure Cookers are also known as Rice Cookers.
A Stove-Top cooker is of 3 types depending upon the material used.
Stainless Steel Pressure Cookers
- They are heavier, lustrous, and highly durable.
- Stainless steel cookers are safe as they don’t react with the acidic ingredients used while cooking food.
- You can clean the surface of the cooker by using a metal scrub.
- These are corrosion-resistant. However, it may develop spots when washed with hard water.
- These are less expensive compared to their peers.
Hard-Anodized Pressure Cookers
- They are a lightweight and good conductor of heat.
- They are stain-free.
- They are good and safe to use as they do not react with the acidic contents.
- They may develop scratches if you wash them with metal scrubs.
- They are the most expensive pressure cooker available on the market.
Aluminum Pressure Cookers
- Aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat.
- These cookers are the most economical of all.
- Aluminum reacts with turmeric, citrus acid, etc. So, it doesn’t score high on the health quotient.
- These aren’t resistant to corrosion, and their appearance wears away with time.
- They aren’t durable.
How to Choose the Best Pressure Cooker?
There are various options of pressure cookers are available in the market. So, in this section, we have mentioned some important points that will help you to pick the right one. Here is a list of some essential factors which you need to consider or keep in mind while buying a pressure cooker:
It is a crucial factor to consider. If you choose a smaller scale, you’ll have to cook multiple times which results in the wastage of fuel and time. On the other hand, a larger cooker requires more cleaning effort. So, you need to be careful while choosing the size of a cooker.
The ideal size of a cooker depends on the size of a small Indian family. You should choose a cooker size according to your family size. 1.5 Litres is sufficient for two to three members.
3 liters is suitable for four members. 5 liters is perfect for seven members. 7 liter is sufficient for ten members.
Inner Lid and Outer Lid Cookers
There are two models of a pressure cooker, i.e., an Inner lid cooker and an Outer lid cooker. In the internal lid model, the top of the lid goes inside the cooker. They are safer as compared to the cooker with outer lid type models. They feature a new lid-locking system to hold the build-up of extra pressure levels. It must have sturdy, anti-slippery handles for an excellent grip. Look for a pressure cooker that comes with standard safety marks. ISI mark denotes that the stove has passed the rigorous tests and checks by the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards).
Once we buy a pressure cooker, we expect it to last longer. So, the durability of pressure cookers is an important factor to consider. Hard anodized base and stainless-steel pressure cookers are made from corrosion-resistant materials and don’t lose shine.
We suggest you do not purchase the Non-stick Pressure Cookers as these will not lasts-long.
Nowadays, many people use Induction stoves instead of an LPG gas stoves. Therefore, choose a pressure cooker that is compliant with an induction stove.
Also, look out for the words ‘Dishwash Safe’.
Indian cooking involves the use of a lot of spices (acidic content), salt, etc. So, the material used in the manufacturing of a cooker should not react with these acidic contents.
For example, the Deluxe Aluminium Pressure Cooker responds to the various acidic ingredients present in the dishes and makes them unhealthy. Stainless steel cookers, the hard anodized cooker is better in this regard.
The top brands in the Indian Market provide extended warranties on their product. Choose a pressure cooker brand that offers the maximum guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Pressure Indicator?
The pressure indicator tells whether the foods are ready or not. It releases steam through the whistle and saves our foodstuff from overheating.
Does A Pressure Cooker Serve Healthy Food?
Yes, it allows you to make delicious foods. It comes with a close-fit lid to retain all the flavorings. It will never change the taste even after keeping eating for long hours.
Can We Use a Cooker on Induction Cooktops?
Yes, some cookers are induction base aluminum pressure cookers. You can use it on the cook-top for boiling vegetables, and soups.
What kind of Recipes Can We Cook in the Pressure Cooker?
You can make 30 to 40 recipes. It can prepare brown rice, porridge, 10 to 12 lentils, chicken, oatmeal, and soups.
Can We Clean the Cooker with Detergent?
Yes, you can clean with a vim bar or mild soap. It is easy to remove stains from the cooker.